Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Salad Series -- Tuna Salad

I will be posting a series of main dish salads that are healthy, easy, make-ahead meals using seasonal ingredients. Keep checking back for more!

This is a simple, go-to recipe for me. I like it because it is filling and packed with healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and protein. I've eaten it by itself, on a bed of greens, or mixed with quinoa. It all depends on how hungry I am and what else I have in the fridge ;) 

Ingredients:
4 cans (5 oz) of tuna (I use pole caught albacore ~ higher in Omega-3s and more environmentally friendly)

1 + 3/4 cup of chopped celery
1 + 1/2 cup of dill relish
1 cup finely chopped green onions
6 Tbs Reduced Fat Veganaise (you can use any mayo or plain yogurt)
Pickle juice to taste (I use a lot!)
Pepper to taste

Makes 5 cups
1 cup = 8 Weight Watchers Points Plus value

Calories = 302
Carbohydrates = 3
Fat = 18
Protein = 32
Sodium = 1490
Sugar = 1

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment